• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Books: Winson Green & Aston books by Ted Rudge

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all..this new book by ted rudge is a must...especially for those with an interest in winson green/brookfields....
its packed with then and now pics with a bit of info about each one.....i recently discoverd my grandfather lived in prescott st but could not find a pic of it...theres one in this book:):):)

heres a pic of the front and back cover....

lyn

My grandmother, Elsie Reeves, was born in Prescott Street at number 157. Thanks for the info. about the book.

hi John and lind;
many thanks for the info; guys on teds new book
i will certainly being em tommorrow to him to order my book
as i have hundred of storys and people of the winson green area
as i have stated wheni first appearedon the forum a few years back there wasnt many people whom i didnt know and they knew me
the good and the bad ones and what went on behind close doors
i shall be seeking out there names
so you see guys that book is a big must for me ;;
john ; i would like to thank you again for that last thread you put
on for me; i was so estactic to get an old pic of the village and the fleece my fingers could not touch the key pad fast enough and the dammed finger was loosing control of the board thats why the ending bit was a bit strange ending
at the end so thats why it ended whenit did
thanks a million john best wishes astonian;;;;

I have put this one on my Christmas present list! I can't think of a better collaboration on a book about Aston, John Houghton and Ted Rudge. Thanks John.:)

I bought both book and calendar from Ted Rudge when he was at the Key Hill Open Day.
Some lovely photos on both, and either one would make a great Christmas present (but not mine...it's mine, all mine!!!)

Aston book is now on sale that makes the three done Winson Green and Ladywood any one looking for Chrismas presents

All three books are now available information below the Aston book as just arrived

I have noticed that the quality of repeoduction of the pictures by this publisher , Amberley, is much better than that which now seems to be the standard by The history Press, who have taken over Tempus , sutton, and other publishers which used to do a lot of the local history books
mike

As the books will not be on sale till the new year if you should want one early just contact Ted Rudge all the details are attached in previous post

hi john...my part in the aston book was so very minor but thanks to you and ted for the mention...cant wait to get it...:)

Lyn I have mine I must say it as turned out brilliant ( Biased LOL ) the photographs are very good Ted said just order it and he will send the book with invoice. Also we have mentioned BHF in the acknowledgements.
you can't buy it in the shops till the new year so if you want one for Christmas contact Ted all info in this subject.

so glad you are pleased with it john...i know you and ted have worked very hard on it....i will contact ted later on with me order...

lyn:)

Back