• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

THINKING OF SOSPIRI (maurice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Maurice I’m so very sorry to hear about your health problems and I wish you a very speedy recovery and thinking of you. We are going to visit 38 Blackford street in the summer. Take care and hope to hear from you soon when you are better xxx

Thinking of you Maurice. We both knew the River Cole and the Springfield Cinema near Knowle Road. Happy days. Get better soon. Dave.

UPDATE

i have received this encouraging email off maurices wife jan....still far to go but at least he is at home in his own surroundings...although not a member i have sent jan a link to this thread as i think she will still be able to view all of your lovely messages and hopefully read them out to maurice which hopefully will inspire him..

Home now Lyn,
Maurice cannot sit at all right now, he can just about turn himself on his side - I hope he is glad to be home!
Now I must get some weight on him - the hospital food was abysmal and, as I was staying there 24 hours (for 3 or 4 days at a time!!) there was little chance of taking food in for him - it would have been cold anyway, by the time he got it.

I'll keep you posted (at Maurice' request also!).
Love to you all from both of us,
Jan xxxx

It is good to hear he is back in his own home. I am sure that will be good for his spirits.

Maurice, glad to hear you are home, some good home cooking and loving and in a minute you will be as right as rain, which you probably do not get in Crete. You can see we all miss your words of wisdom. Get well soon.
Bob

UPDATE

i have received this encouraging email off maurices wife jan....still far to go but at least he is at home in his own surroundings...although not a member i have sent jan a link to this thread as i think she will still be able to view all of your lovely messages and hopefully read them out to maurice which hopefully will inspire him..

Home now Lyn,
Maurice cannot sit at all right now, he can just about turn himself on his side - I hope he is glad to be home!
Now I must get some weight on him - the hospital food was abysmal and, as I was staying there 24 hours (for 3 or 4 days at a time!!) there was little chance of taking food in for him - it would have been cold anyway, by the time he got it.

I'll keep you posted (at Maurice' request also!).
Love to you all from both of us,
Jan xxxx
Thank you Lyn!

That is a great sign being home, we’ll keep him and his family in our thoughts and prayers!

I haven’t been in for long but I would like to send my best wishes.I have done both sides of the patient/carer equation and because of that I would also like to send my best wishes to your other half.Sounds like you have a ‘good un’ so you are already a winner.Good luck to both of you.

Good news, that you are now home, Maurice.
Always enjoy reading your posts and responses.... look forward to seeing you back on the forum.
Best wishes to you and yours.
Annie

magic our Maurice your home. do as the nurse (wife) tells you. take it easy and justs listen to your music.i know you like this on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back