• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

THESE TRYING TIMES

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
This is what my husband has been making for me during the 'emergency'. I have trouble with an ordinary trolley as the bag fights back and also you also have to twist your arm to pull it- the handle isn't at the right angle for me. I wanted to be able to walk up to the shops and pick up some things early in the morning without coming home with a sore elbow.
The wheels were from our next-door-neighbour, the body is a linen basket and the stick is obvious - my son found it in a cupboard at his house. The stand is part of a kitchen roll holder. Heath Robinson eat your heart out!!

View attachment 143474
fantastic pen...well done graham...reminds me of the old days of made do and mend when our dad made us kids go carts from a plank of wood...4 old wheels and a piece of string

img519.jpg

Smudger

master brummie
This is what my husband has been making for me during the 'emergency'. I have trouble with an ordinary trolley as the bag fights back and also you also have to twist your arm to pull it- the handle isn't at the right angle for me. I wanted to be able to walk up to the shops and pick up some things early in the morning without coming home with a sore elbow.
The wheels were from our next-door-neighbour, the body is a linen basket and the stick is obvious - my son found it in a cupboard at his house. The stand is part of a kitchen roll holder. Heath Robinson eat your heart out!!

View attachment 143474
I hope you`ve taken out a patent for this otherwise the Chinese will copy it & it will be sold all over the civilised world.:cool:

oldMohawk

master brummie
During this lockdown I use a powered treadmill for a 20 minute walk most days usually at 5.2Km/hr. It can be a bit boring so I position my iPad or iPhone on it and play a slide show or something on Youtube etc to look at.

We are still allowed one local outside walk per day .... :cool:

Pedrocut

Master Barmy
The wonders of modern technology! I can convert 5.2km to 3.2Miles in a flash.

I have been doing the same in the multi-gym. Spurred on by OldBrit overtaking that vehicle in Parker, I have a bracket that can hold the iPad on the handlebars. Cycle, with a slideshow and music, through the English countryside.

Lady Penelope

master brummie
i took a walk to the local shop today for some tbags, i had a quick look,and the coast was clear, i was paying the lady,at a safe distance,and some numpty come in the shop and stood right by me. i shouted at him to shift away,from me. he said you are taking things a bit seriouse aren't you?...2 weeks isolation down the drain becouse of some. idiot.
Please do not take this as a sexist/ageist remark - I don't want to be banned! I went to the greengrocer's and local Sainsbury's very early this morning. Everyone obeyed the distance rule as far as they could apart from a few. They were all young men. One even stood in the queue so close to me I could hear him breathing. Didn't want to turn round and face him to ask him to move but I was getting a bit twitchy. I can understand them thinking that they are invincible but I'm obviously not.

Quite a few things missing from the shelves as I did the distance-dance but nothing we couldn't do without with a little bit of juggling around and the staff were very helpful and cheerful. They're probably used to old ducks like me.

I've sorted out my desk and papers and now I'm writing to everyone I can think of who may be able to help me break down my brick walls. I'm trying to be focused on one thing at a time but as usual I'm getting sidetracked.

Cut Graham's hair yesterday as it was becoming wig-like and that saved £6 plus tip. Wish he could do mine.

Radiorails

master brummie
I had to get milk the other day at a local store which is part of a national chains filling station. I noticed similar actions in the lower age group. Maybe the guy that hindered me was not used to shopping but I never saw anyone take as long to decide which bottle to choose - given it was a choice of two, blue or green topped. :eek:

mw0njm.

Brummie Dude
Please do not take this as a sexist/ageist remark - I don't want to be banned! I went to the greengrocer's and local Sainsbury's very early this morning. Everyone obeyed the distance rule as far as they could apart from a few. They were all young men. One even stood in the queue so close to me I could hear him breathing. Didn't want to turn round and face him to ask him to move but I was getting a bit twitchy. I can understand them thinking that they are invincible but I'm obviously not.

Quite a few things missing from the shelves as I did the distance-dance but nothing we couldn't do without with a little bit of juggling around and the staff were very helpful and cheerful. They're probably used to old ducks like me.

I've sorted out my desk and papers and now I'm writing to everyone I can think of who may be able to help me break down my brick walls. I'm trying to be focused on one thing at a time but as usual I'm getting sidetracked.

Cut Graham's hair yesterday as it was becoming wig-like and that saved £6 plus tip. Wish he could do mine.

i did i said are you "thick" move away from me.at least 6 foot to the plonker, lp if i still lived in brum,i would gladly help you.1585568181583.png
1585568093564.png

rosie

brummie
I have offered to give my husband a haircut, he said no because it would probably be like the Peaky Blinders! Really his hair isn't as thick as it was so I'll just do the edges. ( I don't go to the hairdresser as mine is long and I've always trimmed it myself.)
If all else fails we'll have to shave it all off!!
rosie.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all....just having a little clear out ...some years ago the sun newspaper was giving away dvds...think it was my brother that collected them and gave them to me...anyhow ive found 9 espisodes of only fools and horses...1 faulty towers and the film take me high which was shot in birmingham...should keep me out of trouble for a while :) take care..stay safe

lyn

jmadone

master brummie
My daughter just sent me this clip from u tube
Try it, my wife and I enjoyed it.