• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

THESE TRYING TIMES

oldMohawk

master brummie
If the lockdown continues for some time I might have a go on a section of this which is asking for help with digitisation of old british rainfall records. It looks as if it needs careful work.

JohnJames

master brummie
Many small breweries are trying to survive by providing a home delivery service so, if you can, please place your beer orders with them. For example, the Beat Brewery at Lye delivered to me today [Free as I am within range]. By the way, their beers are quite dazzling. Many others are doing a similar thing so have a look at your local microbrewery website or FB page.
Could start a trend or revive an old favourite. Remember Davenports Beer at Home? Hope these small breweries keep it up after Covid has gone away.

Radiorails

master brummie
The majority of people are fickle as far as shopping is concerned - money talks. Once this emergency is over I doubt it would take long for the super markets to oust the smaller people with all their hype and 'bargains'. Deliveries are one thing a permanent business is another. A pity, but that is the way of the present day world.

Radiorails

master brummie
I know ladies love to visit their hairdressers as often as they can. I expect most are shut presently, but this enterprising lady in Holland believes she has the answer. :laughing:

mw0njm.

Brummie Dude
I know ladies love to visit their hairdressers as often as they can. I expect most are shut presently, but this enterprising lady in Holland believes she has the answer. :laughing:
she should have had one of them hazard suits. someone tried to flog me:grinning:

mbenne

master brummie
Today we are feeling a little better and sat outside. Closed my eyes and savoured the strong smell of manure, no noise pollution and the sound of a wood pecker. I've tried looking for it to take a picture but it remains illusive. Maybe it's following government guidelines and only coming out for essential exercise.