• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

THESE TRYING TIMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoddKD

master brummie
Caravan break to Tavistock cancelled. So both sheds finally cleared and cleaned.Grass first cut this year,nice crop!
Read all 14 pages of this interesting thread.
Now what to do?.......Whats that you say?cold beer in the fridge,sorry got to go.

Keep yourselves safe.
Noddy the lazy.

Bob Davis

Bob Davis
If you can't get what you need at the major supermarkets, apparently there is no problems at B&M or Home Bargains. She took herself down to Sainsburys, crossed the road to Home Bargains and picked up what she was short. Neme problem.

Bob

mbenne

master brummie
I am self isolating for the second time since February. This time it was my choice not 111. Tuesday night I woke with my hands feet and knees burning. Yesterday I started shivering and went to bed at 6pm last with the electric blanket on. Today I ache all over and have a temperature. No cough headache or usual symptoms but I do feel very light headed. So I'm erring on the side of caution. My wife has a headache, runny nose and sore throat but no cough. Depending on where you look up the symptoms they vary quite a lot from mild to severe. I'm still in bed and have no interest in tv or eating! For the moment we are avoiding each other. Me upstairs and my wife downstairs! As far as I know they are no longer testing for coronovirus unless hospitalised so unless its extreme its a case of heal thyself. In other times I would have shrugged it off as man flu. So just taking it day by day and turning my phone off to avoid all the humorous messages that are flying around.
Take care and be safe

mw0njm.

Brummie Dude
I am self isolating for the second time since February. This time it was my choice not 111. Tuesday night I woke with my hands feet and knees burning. Yesterday I started shivering and went to bed at 6pm last with the electric blanket on. Today I ache all over and have a temperature. No cough headache or usual symptoms but I do feel very light headed. So I'm erring on the side of caution. My wife has a headache, runny nose and sore throat but no cough. Depending on where you look up the symptoms they vary quite a lot from mild to severe. I'm still in bed and have no interest in tv or eating! For the moment we are avoiding each other. Me upstairs and my wife downstairs! As far as I know they are no longer testing for coronovirus unless hospitalised so unless its extreme its a case of heal thyself. In other times I would have shrugged it off as man flu. So just taking it day by day and turning my phone off to avoid all the humorous messages that are flying around.
Take care and be safe
and you

Jeannie

master brummie
10 lovely days into a 21 day holiday with my family in the Caribbean was cut short ,we didn’t get many updates from BA but was happy to be on the last flight before the airport closed on Sunday evening

Off-licenses are now added to the essential places list, so that should cheer up many. ;)
Many small breweries are trying to survive by providing a home delivery service so, if you can, please place your beer orders with them. For example, the Beat Brewery at Lye delivered to me today [Free as I am within range]. By the way, their beers are quite dazzling. Many others are doing a similar thing so have a look at your local microbrewery website or FB page.

pjmburns

master brummie
Not sure this really belongs here but I thought it might raise a laugh.
We had a large parcel delivered today - the box is oversized and there is a lot of wasted space inside but..... it is a tracked parcel so I get updates as to when it will be delivered and usually the last one is "parcel has been signed for". Today, for obvious reasons, I did not have to sign for it but imagine my surprise when the message I got was " parcel has been delivered through your letterbox". :D :D
If we had a letterbox big enough for that parcel we would also have burglars crawling in.

Attachments

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
We had some garden plants and compost delivered today - glad they didn’t try putting that lot through the letterbox Janice !

By the way, garden centres are enjoying a boom. Good to hear. Viv.

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
We’ve been taking our allowed one session of outdoor exercise down on the beach each early evening, partly because we walk the dog but also because it’s a lovely time of day to chill after being stuck at home.

This is the sort of view I’ve been fortunate enough to capture. It’s a real tonic for me and really lifts the spirits. Viv.

90D53D96-AA7A-4B90-A3B0-B4F80D499518.jpeg

RobT

master brummie
We are a week into self-isolation and it is really upsetting me to witness my wife standing at the living room window gazing aimlessly into space with tears running down her cheeks.
It breaks my heart to see her like this.
I have thought very hard about how I can cheer her up.

I have even considered letting her in - but rules are rules

Status
Not open for further replies.