• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Wylde Green Public House

Lady Penelope

master brummie
I thought there was a thread for this pub but couldn't find it. I get details of planning applications for this area from the Council and had one today for the Wylde Green.

l: Demolition of existing Wylde Green Public House and associated facilities and the erection of 57 no. extra-care apartments (Use Class C2) with communal facilities and associated parking provision.

I was really disappointed to see this as I was hoping that they would building something small for youngsters to buy. Perhaps they don't see that sort of development as a money spinner. When I got married in 1969 we bought a shoe box in Boldmere, just right to get a foot on the ladder.

Sad to hear the Wylde Green is being demolished - last time I was in there was for a friend's mother's wake a couple of years ago.

They don't seem to have moved forward much in the last couple of years. Still putting in planning applications which still say the same thing. Although I think they have had to amend parking spaces and the height of the building due to complaints from nearby houses. I'm going on the bus tomorrow to Sutton so I'll sit on the right side to get a good view of how far things have progressed.

l:Demolition of existing Wylde Green Public House and associated facilities and the erection of 57 no. extra-care apartments (Use Class C2) with communal facilities and associated parking provision.

In fact it reads exactly the same as before doesn't it?

Back