• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Wedding II

Graham

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Langs wedding story reminded of a piece that I wrote earlier this year for my French exams, short but sweet.

A day not to be forgotten.

Caroline was still in a dream, she had been contemplating having a special wedding ceremony, different from the usual, making this really a day not to be forgotten.

Her friends were all married in the traditional way, ceremony cars, church, walking up the isle, priest, wedding vows, brides bouquet, reception, wedding cake, honeymoon ECT. For a moment she had thought about one of those modern weddings, she had read about a bungee jump wedding, or a Thai wedding, flirting with death until they do actually part, ending in a funeral! Or getting dressed up in old clothing. But then she had thought “what if the bridgroom had not turned up” that would have really been a day to remember!

Suddenly she had come out of her daze and found her future husband standing next to her, and the Lord Mayor was already muttering some words of encouragement. Then she knew that this was going to be a wedding like any other, one that she would see many times in her life, reminding her that this really was a day not to be forgotten.

© Graham Webb, January 2008.

Un jour à ne pas oublier.

Le mariage de Philippe et Caroline, une journée inoubliable.

Nous sommes partis de la maison en limousine à 9h. Nous sommes arrivés à la maison communale vers 9h 30. La cérémonie a commence…

Caroline était toujours dans un rêve, elle avait contemplé ayant une cérémonie de mariage spéciale, différente de l'habituel, faisant à ceci vraiment un jour à ne pas oublier.

Ses amis tous étaient mariés de la manière traditionnelle, voitures de cérémonie, église, marchant vers le haut de l'île, prêtre, voeux de mariage, bouquet de mariées, réception, gâteau de mariage, la lune de miel ECT. Pour un instant elle avait pensé environ un à ces mariages modernes, elle avait eu connaissance d'un mariage de saut de benji, ou d'un mariage thaï, flirtant avec la mort jusqu'à ce qu'ils pièce réellement, finissant dans un enterrement ! Ou obtenant habillé vers le haut dans le vieil habillement. Mais d'autre part elle avait pensé « ce qui si le futur époux n'avait pas tourné vers le haut de » qui aurait vraiment été un jour à se rappeler!

Soudainement elle était sortie de sa stupéfaction et avait trouvé son futur mari se tenir à côté de elle, et le maire murmurait déjà quelques mots d'encouragement. Alors elle a su que ceci allait être un mariage comme tout autre, un qu'elle verrait beaucoup de fois dans sa vie, la rappelant que c'était vraiment un jour à ne pas oublier.

© Graham Webb, janvier 2008.

Graham, Lovely story. I can't read French but it certainly looks impressive!

Norma, you do make laugh, that's why the green bit is in English, English!:D

Jenny, they gave me 95% for the story with only 5% deduction for the spelling mistakes.

Graham, that sounds just like the marks I used to get when doing my exams, also as an adult student LOL.
Great story by the way ...

Pomn :angel:

Back