• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Unique Photo Co

J

Jeoffry

I was given a photograph last night by a relative.She doesn't know who the person is but thought i might like it to add to my collection.
I also dont know who she is or waht year it was taken.The photographers were The Unique Photo Co and the address is 128 1/2 Great Hampton Street.
Has anyone heard of them before. I will see if i can attach it in case any member can give me an idea as to the time period.
Jeoffry
sorry but i seem to be having problems. Will try again later

Jeoffrey
The Unique Co was not featured in the 1896 Kellys, but was in the 1899 and 1900 editions (referring to 1898 and 1900), with proprietor listed as Louis Merci. He was also listed as living at 126 Trinity Road, Birchfield. I think only fairly well-off people usually had their private addresses listed then. The company is still there in 1904, but proprietor not listed and Louis Merci does not appear in the private addresses. In 1912 Unique has disappeared, but there is a Frank Haskins, photographer, at the address. He has disappeared, at least from birmingham in the 1913 edition
Mike

Thank you Mike for that information.I am going to try and attach the photograph in case someone has any ideas re time period.
Jeoffry

Back