• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Styles Family - Legge Street, Aston

A

Abi1978

Could you do a look up for me? I want to know if there was a Styles family (particularly George Henry and his wife Caroline) living on Legge Street any time after 1911 and if they were living alone or had anyone living with them or if there were any other Styles living on that street at the same time? Is it possible to find out?

Thanks

Legge St was off Gosta Green going through to Bagot St
Today as the roads have altered it goes from Corporation St to Bagot Street

Last edited by a moderator:
George Henry was born in 1890 in Aston and his wife, Caroline, was born in 1888 also in Aston. They married in 1911 and were listed on their marriage cert as living at 14 Legge Street. George Henry attended Blue Coat School and when he left, became an engineer. I think he had his own engineering business and it might have been in Aston. That's all I know I'm afraid!

Legge Street

Not sure if this is any use.... I have been researching my BUDD/OWEN family who lived at 265/264 Aston Road, Gosta Green... the back of this property came out into Legge Street. My Budd family had yards at 9 and 10 Legge Street which were on the other side of the road. There is a good photo of Gosta Green Library on www.birmingham.gov.uk site... type in the SEARCH Gosta Green Library and you will see a photo of The Library in 1910 with the Fountain/Water trough outside... The right hand side of the Fountain was Aston Road.... (265 has the blind pulled out) The left hand side was Legge Street. If you are interested the Fountain is still there.... but slightly moved... but Aston Road/Legge Street is now under the Students Union of Aston Uni.

Also Carl Chinn has a wonderful photo 1925 www.bgfl.org/birminghamlives type in Gosta Green....
Georgie

Back