• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Story of Lottie And Stanley (Miniture Dachshuns)

stars

master brummie
The Story of Lottie And Stanley (Miniture Dachshunds)

Hi after loosing the photo's off the Forum, i thought i would start it off.

I thought i would share a story with you. It is a story of miniture dachshunds lottie & Stanley proud parents who had 9 pups. Lottie the bitch was very poorley and was rushed to the vets. It was very unsual for a miniture Dachshund to have that many pups. what had happend was a double pregnancy with the pups at different stages of growth. Lottie was very ill indeed, and we did not know if she was going to make it. when they were operating on her they removed another 2 pups from her. After trying to bottle feed the pups who were very week they were dying one by one and only 2 servived that was Bert and my dog Riley. Bert went to his new home and riley who is now 2 is with me. The bitch lottie pulled through and is fine to this day. I don't know if it was bottle feeding Riley or what, but we have a special bond and i could not wish for a better dog than him. I take him to see his mom and dad now and then. Here are some photo's of them.
Regards Stars

9_Newborn_Pups_2.jpg
9 Newborn Pups
Bert_2.jpg
Bert taking a call
Bert___Riley_2.jpg
Bert & Riley
Lottie___Stanley_2.jpg
the proud parents Lottie & Stanley
Riley_smaller.jpg
Our Riley
Riley_in_the_snow.jpg
Riley In The Snow

Re: The Story of Lottie And Stanley (Miniture Dachshunds)

Stars. What lovely photos , and a nice story to go with them.

Beautiful photos and story, what a handsome dog Riley is.
I have Yorkies and have never bred from them because truly I would have to keep all the puppies.LOL.

Smashing photos stars, the one of Bert and the phone, does a great job of showing how tiny he was...
Sad that some were lost but lovely that two survived :)

Thank you all for your comments. Yes it was sad, it was hard work bottle feeding them all week to give them a chance of life, but as i said they were very weak. As you say at least two servived.

Regards Stars

The Story of Lottie And Stanley (Miniture Dachshunds)

Hi after loosing the photo's off the Forum, i thought i would start it off.

I thought i would share a story with you. It is a story of miniture dachshunds lottie & Stanley proud parents who had 9 pups. Lottie the bitch was very poorley and was rushed to the vets. It was very unsual for a miniture Dachshund to have that many pups. what had happend was a double pregnancy with the pups at different stages of growth. Lottie was very ill indeed, and we did not know if she was going to make it. when they were operating on her they removed another 2 pups from her. After trying to bottle feed the pups who were very week they were dying one by one and only 2 servived that was Bert and my dog Riley. Bert went to his new home and riley who is now 2 is with me. The bitch lottie pulled through and is fine to this day. I don't know if it was bottle feeding Riley or what, but we have a special bond and i could not wish for a better dog than him. I take him to see his mom and dad now and then. Here are some photo's of them.
Regards Stars

9_Newborn_Pups_2.jpg
9 Newborn Pups
Bert_2.jpg
Bert taking a call
Bert___Riley_2.jpg
Bert & Riley
Lottie___Stanley_2.jpg
the proud parents Lottie & Stanley
Riley_smaller.jpg
Our Riley
Riley_in_the_snow.jpg
Riley In The Snow
Thanks for posting story and pics what great looking dacs, i had one called jaspar for 20 years

Back