• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Sound Of Music

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Its almost 50 year now since the Film first came out.

Question: Am I the only who hasn't seen it:rolleyes::D

Hi Alf,

It is 2 hours since your post went up and no one has replied. It looks as though you are the only one who has not seen it.

Old Boy

That's right they don't seem to have seen any others today either OB

I was wondering if it was a new club opened and you had to Join

How could you have missed it Alf, i thought it was compulsory to watch it at least five times

Liz & Thylacine I really haven't seen it it was on for years in Brum I believe and plenty of times on TV.

Another film I have never seen is The Wizard Of Oz I recorded it this week again and promised I'd try and see it right through:)

Alf, your are not the only one, I've never seen it either, but I'm not much on musical anyway. Eric

Eric I'm glad about that I'm not lonely anymore or feel like an outcast:D

Its strange why I have a block when it comes to those two Films because I love all the other musicals

I haven't sat down to watch it from start to finish. Seeing it at the start, at the end, in the middle and trailers, I've probably seen it if I join the bits together.:)

I haven't seen it either, and hope I never do....hearing the music on Radio 2 is enough for me.

Big Gee

Incidentally, the cast were reunited just a few days ago in America on the Oprah Winfrey show:-

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11651490

I'm not sure what television network this was on. If its a satellite channel then I won't be getting it so forumers will have to check their own programme guides or wait for it on Youtube. I think Lady Winfrey has her own TV station even, so no chance of getting that in Wolverhampton!

Alf i can beat that,not only i have not seen Sound of Music but i have never seen any James Bond Movies,Eastenders,strictly ,ANY cookery programme,looking for ...?,Corrie since the sea lion was found in a bath,deal or no deal ,the list is endless....
K.R.O

A great and historic story spoilt by all the music & songs. It would be great as a serious film.

I saw in the last 10 years Sound of Music at B'ham Hippodrome where the film is played and everyone joins in. The words come up on the screen when the singing starts, there were the main players, nuns, german soldiers all dressed up in the audience. You booed at the baddies, cheered for the goodies. There were pieces of cloth on your seat that you waved in the air when the children wore the clothes that were made from the curtains. It was an absoloutely funny and entertaing evening.

Hi Carolina: They did the very same thing in Vancouver a few years ago and it was extremely popular. It beat the old classic "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" which seemed to be shown after midnight and the audience would arrive with pieces of toast to throw at the screen and water pistols to shower each other with. The audience usually dressed up and there were some very interesting people on the streets after the film. I saw the "Sound of Music" for the first time at the Gaumont in Steelhouse Lane with my Mother in 1968 when I was on a visit to Brum. We sat behind two nuns and they laughed all the time. Mom and Dad also saw it together at the Gaumont earlier and they won a prize for being the xxxxx not sure how many people had seen it. I remember they received a plant and some chocs.

Back