• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

the sad death of Tony Greig.

mike jenks

master brummie
It was a sad day with the death of Tony Greig. The iconic figure who took our game by the scruff of
neck and transformed it to what we have today.
Like Jimmy Hill earlier who took Football into a similar Orbit Gregg created Stardom on an International stage.
Prior to these guys Sportsmen were for the enthusiasts who loved the game. Today they share at the Top level
Similar levels of performance given to Pop Stars. I would agree it is not for all but at least at the Top level of
performance they are now well rewarded.
I can still see Dennis Amiss who joined the Packer Circus in those early days with all the trials that they suffered
with his white crash Helmet on. It took years and Court cases to create the situation we enjoy today.
Rest in peace

Mike Jenks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: the sad death of Tony Gregg.

Mike,

It is the easiest thing in the world to make a mistake with a keyboard. However is it possible to edit the thread heading so that the correct name is shown? I agree with your original comments about Tony Greig.

Old Boy

Still needs a bit of tidying OB but bit awkward on phone.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Back