• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Responder

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thought the Responder with Martin Freeman a great watch but trying to solve the mystery of the actor who played Caseys grandad,
I know I have seen him before a few years ago but for the life of me do not know who he is.
I have looked at a list of the cast but still couldn't find him.
are there any eagle eyed members who recognised him, Thanks Alberta

Is the program any good? I know that it has had good reviews but, since the success of 24 (which I enjoyed) then it seems like every Producer/Director 'strings out' whatever story line they can find, for little/no apparent reason.

Some of these programmes just make me lose interest.....

Is the program any good? I know that it has had good reviews but, since the success of 24 (which I enjoyed) then it seems like every Producer/Director 'strings out' whatever story line they can find, for little/no apparent reason.

Some of these programmes just make me lose interest.....
It is written by a former Liverpool Police officer.

It is written by a former Liverpool Police officer.

Thanks. I am aware of that. Such has been blazened across the media but, if he wasn't permitted any Editorial input/oversight then the result can be far from what was intended.

Pete ,my late father was a police officer in Birmingham for 30 years and he didn't have to sign a secrets act.

I saw an interview with Tony Marchant and he wrote the screenplay and colaborated with the makers all through the production, including the Executive Producer Martin Freeman, he explained in the interview that although the setting was Liverpool it didn't mean that Freemans character would have to have been Liverpudlian bit he insisted on it so Marchant helped him with the accent.

Back