• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Phillips's

jimbo

master brummie
img024.jpgI will be attempting to post some photos of my wife's side of the family " The Phillips's". I have tried to identify as many as possible along with dates, but should any forum member have insight/knowledge into any of the photos please feel free to add to them.

This first one is a family gathering to celebrate a birthday (don't know who's)

Back row: Henry Hardy, Frank Phillips, Sid Phillips, Harry Wellsbury, Tom Phillips, ??, ?? ??

Front row: Alice ( Franks wife) Lily ( Toms wife) Evangaline(??) Lily (Joes wife) Floss, (Albert's wife) Hilda,( Sids wife), Doris (Harry's wife), Laura (Henry's wife)

If this is successful, I will attempt a few more. If I have put it in the wrong place, Moderators please correct my mistake.
jimbo

You may be right carolina, not really sure as to when or where it was taken.
Will add some more (proper) wedding photos when I figure out how I posted that one!!! Each time I try to insert the photo, it fills the screen and when I minimize the screen to see what has happened, it all disappears.

Last edited:
View attachment 92988 Well, don't know how that happened but it will do for me!!

This is the wedding of Harry Wellsbury to Doris Phillips in 1936. I believe they were married in St Georges Church.
Included in the photo are the Grooms mother, brother and sister(s)?, names unknown. To the right of the bride as you look at the photo are Thomas, her father, Alice, her brother Franks wife, Hilda, brother Sids wife, in the front, Laura her sister and her mother also named Laura.

img026.jpgAm I on a roll????? This one is of Thomas and Lily Trott. From the left Laura, Tom's mother,unknown bridesmaid, Tom, grooms father, Frank brother of the groom, Thomas, Lily, Laura, Tom's sister, Ron, Franks son, standing behind Ron, Mr Trott and his wife.

img026.jpg Here is the wedding photo of Henry Hardy and Laura Phillips in 1937. No names to the grooms side of the family I'm afraid, but the brides side are, page boy Ron, Floss, brides sister in law, Tom and Laura, brides parents.

img028.jpgThe Wedding of Albert Phillips and Floss in 1940. From the left, Doris, sister of the bride, Thomas, father of the bride, unknown bridesmaid, Joseph, grooms best man and brother,Laura, grooms mother, Albert, Floss, then it's brides parents and siblings, names unknown.
As I said, if anyone can identify any of the people in any of the photos please do so.

img029.jpg This is the wedding of my in laws, Joseph Phillips and Lillian Ashmore in 1942. From the left, Laura, grooms mother, Lil's mate the bridesmaid, name unknown,Joe and Lil, brides dad, Jack Ashmore and the brides mother Aggie.

View attachment 93009 This is the wedding of my in laws, Joseph Phillips and Lillian Ashmore in 1942, at St Paul,s Church Lozells Road. From the left, Laura, grooms mother, Lil's mate the bridesmaid, name unknown,Joe and Lil, brides dad, Jack Ashmore and the brides mother Aggie.

img030.jpg This one is of my mother in laws young brother Jack and his bride Marian. Again from the left, little bridesmaid ??, Kim Williams, Charlie, Kim's dad, Aggie, grooms mother, Jack, Marian, Marian's parents, unknown bridesmaid, and Denise Fletcher daughter of Gwen, Jacks sister.

Last edited:
Back