• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Next Generation of Bus Soon to be on the street of Brum

horsencart

master brummie
The next generation of bus soon to be on the street of Brum https://my.bus.photos.fotopic.net/p69228756.html the bus is a Hybrid is an Diesel Electric type of bus when the revs or speed is low it will run Electric mode (or milk float mode) when the speedor revs are high the engine will kick in an the bus then reverts to a normal run for the next fortnight the bus will be running on the 97 route it will then be running on the 37 route (bring back the birmingham Standard )

We have half a dozen on my route into town in Reading, and more are arriving soon. they'v e only got them because they have a subsidy of about 50% of the cost to bring it down to the price of a normal bus , but they are very smooth and , on the ones here, have more footroom.
mike

I have seen these being operated by Stagecoach Devon and in service on the intensive service running from Newton Abbot to the three Torbay towns. Must look us my buss pass and go for a ride. ;)

Back