• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The New Adventurers What a bloody eyesore

roger a

master brummie
has anyone seen The New Adventurers what a eyeshore have a look see what you think,its on Queens road Aston by the police station

Attachments

• Aston The New Adventurers Queens Road Aston[1].JPG
    Aston The New Adventurers Queens Road Aston[1].JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 7
I have to agree Roger keep up the good work.:(

Hope you didn't fall off your bike when you saw it.

That colour looks nice on a well known pottery make...but on a pub its awful. One cannot doubt the breweries sense of humour.... or is it colour sense.

Thats a new name for a pub, have'nt heard that one before. In the place where i live we have the, Stable bar, Black Horse, the Queens, the Swan and the George, and that is on the main street, which is less than a half mile long. wonder if thats a record !!!!! I agree about your pub colours, the building looks atrocious. :dft005: PS, i've only been in one of these pubs in the 35 years i've lived here.

OMG What aw full colour's bring a song to mind s---- on the Villa to -night:D:D:D:D

Blue Nose Mau-reece:D:D:D

Thats a new name for a pub, have'nt heard that one before. In the place where i live we have the, Stable bar, Black Horse, the Queens, the Swan and the George, and that is on the main street, which is less than a half mile long. wonder if thats a record !!!!! I agree about your pub colours, the building looks atrocious. :dft005: PS, i've only been in one of these pubs in the 35 years i've lived here.
hi Williams im sure Atherstone has more pubs per mile than anywhere in the country.so my mate told me they have a beer festival every year and people come from miles for it.

Atherstone - not in the same league as Rugby which I believe holds the world record for pub density; some of them are actually next to each other.
Back on theme, The Adventurers looks horrendous!
Ted

The pub looks awful,the name is silly:rolleyes:...However,the colour claret & blue,is terrific:D.every pub in the district should be painted the same.:cry:

There is a pub in Common Lane Sheldon Called the King Goerge. one of its many names, some know it by it first name The Chelmsley. At one time it was called The Red Rooster,(part of a chain) and they painted it red,blue and yellow. It looked like Picaso had had a bad day. Still better than claret and blue though.

To whom it may concern (those with blue blinkers on) i suggest you all nip down to specsavers get your rose tinted glasses tested for colour blindness it looks lovely to me i think i,ll drop in for a pint and drink your health maybe but then maybe not.

To whom it may concern (those with blue blinkers on) i suggest you all nip down to specsavers get your rose tinted glasses tested for colour blindness it looks lovely to me i think i,ll drop in for a pint and drink your health maybe but then maybe not.

I love the Villa colours, but NOT on a building; especially not one designed like a pent-roofed coal bunker! :p

Back