• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

the nelson pub..springhill

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks just wondered if anyone has a pic of the nelson pub..springhill wayi think it was...

many thanks..

lyn:)

froth all i know is it was in the sandpits area..between town and springhill..im asking for a member...will get back to you if its confirmed...

thanks..

In the 1964 directory there is a Nelson at 153 Grange road, and a Nelson at 142 Sandpits
Mike

hi folks the pub i am looking for is on the corner of nelson st and the sandpits...

any pics of it would be great...

Iv'e got an idea that just off the Sandpits was Nelson St , used to have to go there from school.

hi maxwell
you are correct nelson st was the end of the sand pitts
and the very end of the sand pitts was a very old public
toilet and dark and dingy and smellie never was cleaned in donkey years
and nelson street was directly oppersite the toilets
and the big nelson street school was on the left
hand side of the rd and the pub was on the other side
and that then was the top end of that part of nelson street
and facing that across the way on king edwards rd was the opinional hickmans fruit and veg and wild fowl
and along from there was a church
if i remember correctly the head master from nelson st school became in chargeof the ity of brum education department
i also lived in king edwards rd
best wishes astonion ;;

Back