• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Metro Extensions

Heartland

master brummie
The Metro line opened to Bull Street in December 2015 and during the second May Bank Holiday, 2016 was completed finally to New Street Station and the new Grand Central Shopping Centre. Snow Hill stop was opened at the same time, but the lift and steps to Great Charles Street remained unfinished. In fact these features have slowly been put together. This week the Snow Hill stop has had the signs altered to St Chads, presumably this will be the new title for the stop.

There have been various service relocation jobs in Birmingham for the extension to Centenary Square and I have heard that one of the trams has been sent back to the manufacturers to have batteries fitted for the Centenary Square extension.

Services are also being moved in Wolverhampton and with the station there having traffic to the car park altered to access from Corn Hill leaves the way open for laying the tracks from St Georges Square to the Station.

The vegetation and tree clearance on the South Staffordshire Railway from Wednesbury to Dudley is proceeding well and the track bed with rails is visible again.

Back