• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Marlborough Anderton Road

roger a

master brummie
does any one remember this place? The Marlbrough not sure of the names of the roads its on.

Attachments

• Sparkbrook Anderton Rd Marlborough.jpg
    Sparkbrook Anderton Rd Marlborough.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 25
Its on Anderton Road Roger, its a listed building really beautiful inside most of the original features are intact.

Macca

Macca

Thats true its on the junction of Montgomery and Anderton Rd. I often popped in there for a pint when mooching about in the 60's. I haven't been anywhere near it for nearly 40 years.

Phil

hi phil
yes phil it was a cracking pub inside and out appearance wise
it was liam occonors first pub years ago
but he did eventualy sell it on and it was is start to the heavens
of owning pubs across the midlads and through out brum
aqnd a couple of night clubs
best wishes astonian ;;;;

for a listed pub they don,t look after it to well one of the clock faces has smashed ill find the pictures out to show you all.

Hi my Aunt and Uncle run the3 pub i think around 74-75 i have fond memorys of spending a lot of time there

Here is the description of the Marlborough from the Historic England Listing. It mentions that the pub was built around 1900 and that the Marlborough appears to have been built on the site of a former building, shown on the Ordnance Survey Map of 1890.

Kelly’s Directory may suggest the building could have been the Postal Money Order Office and Savings Bank.

Here is the description of the Marlborough from the Historic England Listing. It mentions that the pub was built around 1900 and that the Marlborough appears to have been built on the site of a former building, shown on the Ordnance Survey Map of 1890.

Kelly’s Directory may suggest the building could have been the Postal Money Order Office and Savings Bank.
Pedro, that is an excellent link! It explained some of the “grading” that I knew was there but did not comprehend very well.
Thank you!

Back