• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Longboat, Cambrian Wharf

spent many a happy hour in the longboat after going to spring hill rollar rink...does anyone know if it has been demolished yet

lyn

If and when the Flapper is demolished there is the aspect of what heritage feature remain in the foundations. The crane is listed grade II and is said to have belonged to the former warehouse range in this site. How much of the former warehouse foundations remain should also be the subject of an archeological study.

My recollection of the site was a not so a old building with a steel trussed rafter asbestos sheet roof. I do recall the remains of a canal arm within the building, and I am sure there was an old transformer in the middle of the floor.

In 1977 Birmingham Polytechnic students living in Cambrian Hall would often drink there. It was The Longboat then.

Back