• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Laurels Hingeston St Brookfields - PUB TOKEN

Simon68

master brummie
Hi everyone.

Yes its Simon ''THE TOKEN TRADER'' from Suffolk here again and look what I have for you guys this time.....

A 3d token from The Laurels in Hingeston Street Brookfields from around the late 1890's to early 1900's.

I know its about that date as it has Ronsbach Natural IMG_4272.JPGIMG_4271.JPGSparkling Table Water advertised on the reverse so (1) its from the time of The Temperance Movement because why else would a pub advertise water and (2) if you research Ronsbach there isn't very much about them after around 1905.

As with all my tokens it is for sale, so I am offering up to my Birmingham buddies first before I advertise more widely within my own collecting fraternity.

Anyone interested, please make me an offer.

hi simon thanks again for thinking us brummies first...here is photo of the laurels to go with your coin think it was on the corner with prescott st..you already have a list of what pub tokens i am interested in but could you please add the rose and crown hingeston st to it ....our dad lived there as a baby....his grandparents ran it round about 1929 for a couple of years..if anyone is interested in this coin please contact simon via our private message(inbox top right of the main page)

thanks again

lyn

img008.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

Yes its Simon ''THE TOKEN TRADER'' from Suffolk here again and look what I have for you guys this time.....

A 3d token from The Laurels in Hingeston Street Brookfields from around the late 1890's to early 1900's.

I know its about that date as it has Ronsbach Natural View attachment 131449View attachment 131450Sparkling Table Water advertised on the reverse so (1) its from the time of The Temperance Movement because why else would a pub advertise water and (2) if you research Ronsbach there isn't very much about them after around 1905.

As with all my tokens it is for sale, so I am offering up to my Birmingham buddies first before I advertise more widely within my own collecting fraternity.

Anyone interested, please make me an offer.
Are the tokens stil on offer

There's a great list of old pubs in the Black Country, www.longpull.co.uk. Does anyone know if there's a similar list for B'ham pubs please? I've got some pub tokens I'd like to try and put a date to.

Thanks Simon, the one I'm looking at the moment is 3d from the Peacock Inn, Darwin Street, G. Luckman. I've done a bit more searching online and found out via pubwiki.co.uk that George Luckman seems to have been the publican around 1881. I've just started looking at and buying a few pub tokens...great history and really makes you wonder who handled them and where they've been over the last 100+ years!

Back