• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Knife Sheffee

I really think this a very good epic poem Rupert - At the time Indians were all eager to get more guns, knives, and other goods which made neighbouring tribes so powerful. For these items they were willing to pay a high price in furs which the white man quickly exploited. . .

Come to think of it Native Indian spirituality originated around 15000 BC. The elders taught that the two legged, share mother earth with the four-legged, the green growing ones, the winged, the great swimmers, and those that crawl are children of one mother the earth and father the Great Spirit - all are brothers and sisters and all life is sacred.

True freedom is to live in harmony with nature. Problems and destruction arise when we are ignorant of our relation to nature and life.

Destroying nature results in an imbalance -
this, I truly believe -and I also believe that the ancient native Indian were much wiser than many in our modern world care to believe . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back