• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Jewellery Quarter

James Harrison & Sons was founded in 1880 at 15 Tenby St. Around 1942 they moved to the former premises of Manton & Mole at 63 Warston lane;m They were still there in 1973, but went into receivership around 1991

(Grace Guide)...James Harrison and Sons

of Tenby Street Works, Birmingham. Telephone: Central 2734. Cables: "Ringwork, Birmingham"
  • 1929 Listed Exhibitor British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of 18ct. Gem Rings, all prices and kinds. 18ct. and 9ct. Signet Rings, ladies' and gent.'s; 9ct. Brooches; 15ct. and 9ct. Earrings. 18ct and 9ct. Sleeve Links. Birmingham Jewellers' and Silversmiths' Association Member. (Stand Nos. J.43 and J.54) [1]

Hi please can you help me, I'm trying to find out what happened to H&H harri & hunt in tenby street, they were jewellery makers I've looked everywhere, I know they were there in the 70s, thanks guys for any help

The gates to the Jewellery Ouarter Business Centre (Michael Johnson, 1991).

(95, Spencer Street.)

“This redevelopment, by the Duchy of Cornwall, is closely linked with Prince Charles. and has been a focus for HRH the Prince of Wales's ideas on the regeneration of inner city areas. The development provides modern office and industrial premises for a wide range of different businesses. The £2.5 million development…includes an unusual sculpture in the form of the entrance gates to the reception area. These are constructed from stainless steel and brass, which relate to the traditional silver and gold of the jewellery industry; cut glass 'jewels' are incorporated in the design which is meant to represent the 'tree of life’.”

Positively Birmingham by Berg, Jonathan. Publication date 1994

61115490-F786-4A93-B047-4AEBA6752D54.jpeg

Back