• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Hobmoor

It seems i may know some of you oldens on here that used the hobmoor, i lived in henshaw grove and the hobmoor was my local in the days of big-n-disco by norman the dj and then there was the free and easy on a sunday night.
I guess you may know of kenny clarke who did some bouncer work on the cabaret room, not that it was really needed, only sometimes LOL david danks, albert and john pardoe, brownie, phil hayward, wardy.
So all i have about the hobmoor are great times and memories and wish i could relive them once more :cry:
Hi I remember Norman bond, Dave danks wardy and the Clark's a All good mates of my hubby. Phil Yates , had my wedding reception upstairs with Norman the dj disco, and Martin Reilly. As best man. Brilliant bunch of lads, always great nights.

I'm looking for a June Thomas/Thompson that lived at number 12 Henshaw Grove in the 70s any info would be great TY

I'm looking for a June Thomas/Thompson that lived at number 12 Henshaw Grove in the 70s any info would be great TY

If if you are still looking for June Thomas as was, I could put you in touch with her if you let me have your details. I lived next door to the Thomas's at no 14.

Hi I went to bierton road school,I remember a Stanley Hatton was dark and handsome,he came to the Locarno with us once I remember the hob moor pub standing on the corner collecting money for the guy with an old pram didn't get much money just funny looks.

Hello all,I remember going to the bonfire party's down the Hobmoor when I was little. I lived at 41 fast pits road,my mom and dad still live there (David and Karen Phipps). I see Dave danks all the time as he still drinks with my dad. I will have to tell dad about this site he will love it !!!

This picture was taken in the Hobmoor pub. My dad is the one in the light blue jumper at the back.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 67
Hello all,I remember going to the bonfire party's down the Hobmoor when I was little. I lived at 41 fast pits road,my mom and dad still live there (David and Karen Phipps). I see Dave danks all the time as he still drinks with my dad. I will have to tell dad about this site he will love it !!!
Hi Leanne
My family know your mom and dad so well (We’re the Hayward’s). We lived at number 60 Fast Pits from 1962-1970 so grew up with your mom, aunts and uncle and of course your nan. My sister Carol used to wag it with your mom And of cause we all drank in the Hobmoor . Hope they’re both well.

Hobmoor Pub in the 60’s

Attachments

• 9DB76106-0271-46C7-A443-E1AB02001FFF.jpeg
    9DB76106-0271-46C7-A443-E1AB02001FFF.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 12
Back