• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Heartbeat

Yvonne B

Brummie babby
Does anyone remember The Heartbeat. You went up a ramp and it was above the bowling alley and The Silver Blades Ice Rink. The DJ’s played mainly reggae and blue beat. I went there most weekends in the late 1960’s

It's also mentioned in the thread below

Does anyone remember The Heartbeat. You went up a ramp and it was above the bowling alley and The Silver Blades Ice Rink. The DJ’s played mainly reggae and blue beat. I went there most weekends in the late 1960’s

Yvonne, I've only got to hear 'Jimmy Mack' by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas and I'm back to the Heartbeat in the 1960's.

Hi there me and my wife met at The heartbeat in Edgbaston st back in 1969! We wee regulars there from 68 through to 71!
Wondered if anyone had any pics of interior!
The ones on line are of Sheffield nightclub not Brum!

I remember the Heartbeat, I think the routine was Locarno on Mondays, Heartbeat on Thurs/Fri then the Top Rank (Dale End) on Saturdays, Coulsdn't afford The Rum Runner!

Back