• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Grove Off Villa Road Handsworth

Yeah we had great times in the old house at the end and people were looking for us, I remember Steven, les and glen

Hi my mom and auntie Audrey & Beryl were born in Terrace Road 1930s lived there till 60s. I remember as a small lad playing in the old derelict house with my cousins. There used to be a large area of overgrown field or bomb site at the far end I think. Dennisons Watch company was at the end of Villa Road. My Friend is the daughter of Wiiletts the Grocers on Villa Road.

Hi we lived in the grove until 1972 it was called the dump at the end of the grove, I remember Wilettes and the butchers across the road from it also the paper shop and cafe, there was a chip shop at the top of Villa Road run by a Greek family, I remember Andy I think his name was who lived in the grove who rode a scooter with lots of mirrors on it

Used to play in the Grove off Villa road with friends in the late 1960s. I believe schoolfriend Johnny Robbins lived there

Ray

Back