• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Green Lanes, Aston

I think one of the problems we have is that lots of areas of Birmingham came under Aston Parish in times gone by and it's misleading as now we have the areas which stand alone. I'm plumping for Bordesley.
I Thought Holy Trinity Bordesley, but that was built between 1920 and 1922 and not consecrated until 1923. Wasn't Jimes GG Father buried in 1820?

From British History online
38. HOLY TRINITY, Bordesley (Camp Hill), a rectangular stone building in the Perpendicular style, with octagonal turrets at the angles, pinnacled buttresses along the sides, and a deeply-recessed west doorway under a tall arch, was consecrated in 1823; the design, by Francis Goodwin, was said to have been modelled on King's College Chapel, Cambridge

To further complicate in 1840….

View attachment 166319

Pedro, Holy Trinity Catholic Church was on the right of Lichfield Road (same road, different name) going towards Mere Green just before Tamworth Road, close to Bishop Vesey school. I believe the building has been an Indian restaurant and offices since the church moved. It crossed the road during the last century when a more modern building was erected. More information on the original building can be found, courtesy of Roger Lea, at:

Back