• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Greatest Gift

SuBee

master brummie
It's taken for granted,
It's assumed to be there.
We hold it so dear,
But, we dont always care.
If it doesn't affect you,
You politely will ask,
'How are you today'?
But, it's merely a task.

It presents in many forms,
A continuim of pain?
Sometimes weakness, sometimes nausea,
But it's always a bane.
To the person who's suffering,
It takes over their life.
Struggling with activities,
Becomes one big strife.

Families are angels,
Not paid, just in kind.
They're tolerant and patient,
Support, hard to find.
So, if asked what you wish for,
Dont be misled by wealth,
For the Greatest of Gifts,
Believe me.................IT'S HEALTH!

Great poem...Subee is great at that though. I think public health care is what separates good nations from mediocre ones. (was going to say 'great nations' but not sure there are any around at the moment). America will, maybe, never be great again until it takes care of it,s own people, I think. Look at it now...and you can see a country broken by buffoons...elected ones at that. Angry and horrible.
Public health care will always be a challenge in my opinion. It will never be perfect...it can't be, can it? We have to keep working at it...the alternative is...well...un-caring at best.

Back