• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Great Western Railway

Vividly remember a pannier tanker regularly being used to shunt wagons at Tyseley in late 1940's.
GWR 5700 'Pannier Tank' Class 7752 (L94)

Preserved Great Western Railway GWR 5700 'Pannier Tank' Class 7752 (L94) at Tyseley

Attachments

• pannier.png
    pannier.png
    923.2 KB · Views: 7
Pete, super video! Whats amazing with these trains is how resilient/flexible they are to pull together up such an incline and not have any drive train or transmission coupling other than great drivers!
i always have been fasinated with them,i collect the 060 pannier oo gauge models up to now i have 40...im a .babi mawr:grinning:

"Railway overpass between the Otton (sic) [Olton] suburb and Birmingham of the four track line of the Great Western Railway over the Warwick Road. Five iron trapezoidal lattice girders, upper chords connected by cross bracing. total width: 46.3m. total length 53.3m. height 6.1m. Floor steel plate, abutment reinforced concrete."

"Railway overpass between the Otton (sic) [Olton] suburb and Birmingham of the four track line of the Great Western Railway over the Warwick Road. Five iron trapezoidal lattice girders, upper chords connected by cross bracing. total width: 46.3m. total length 53.3m. height 6.1m. Floor steel plate, abutment reinforced concrete."
Danke

Bob

Back