• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Girl From Guildford Street

What number in Paddington St? I lived 4/52...
Dave A
hi jen did you read my post no 38 because you and i were neighbours:) i lived at 4/12 in my nans house and the elderly lady at no 14 who baked the apple pies was one of my gt aunts as they both lived at no 14....

lyn
Hi Lyn. I'm new to this forum so may miss some information. That's amazing that your great aunt baked us those delicious apple pies. We were the Walkers. Four children by the time we left in 1963. I still have my school reports from William Cowper.

hi jen dont worry about it it takes time to find your way around the forum..any probs just ask..a little tip is when you go back to a thread always read any posts from the last one you made that way you will not miss anything...as said in my post i have have posted photos of paddington st on the paddington st thread one of them shows the houses from no 8 to no 14...i also have 2 photos of myself at about age 2 looking into your back garden:) and photos showing the brewhouse and toilets we shared...jen to save us going off topic on this thread could you click on the link below which takes you to the paddington st thread and we can continue chatting on there if you like... it is rather a long thread so start reading from post 1...this is amazing

lyn

Last edited:
Hi David, when you have it you just go from day to day - you never think you might die. You will find you have a guest appearance at the end of TOGS, when Mr Sims summons Grace (me), Sandra (Steele), Philip (Hart) and David (yourself) to his office to tell them they have passed the 11 plus. I do hope you enjoy it!!!
Hi again Gina, just finished your second book which again evoked long forgotten memories of "The school", Guildford St & Lozells. Wish I had your memory!! Take care.

Back