• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Game

Charlie

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
New series starts on BBC2 this Thursday (30th April) called "The Game"
Set in 1970s London, it was actually filmed in Birmingham.
Trouble is, I lose track of the plot 'cause I'm more interested in the location shots!

Thanks Charlie for that. I am the same when something is filmed in Birmingham then I loose the plot. Mind you that isn't difficult these days!!.

I have just taken a look at some footage of this programme. I have to say, I felt very uncomfortable watching a scene with an explosion in a building in Newhall Street. This is going to stir some emotions I think.

Some of the locations used are, the old library, Cannon Hill Park, Central Fire Station, The Old Rep and Moor Street Station and Newhall Street.

I've only watched half the episode so far, I found it quite difficult to follow, probably because I was more interested in the old library location than the plot!!
rosie.

Yes Charlie, they were talking by the Catacomb wall, one actor actually drew chalk lines on one of the doors, supposedly code...I was a bit cross!
rosie.

There was footage from Newhall Street last night, I didn't like the explosion though, even though it was clever filming.
I spotted the spiral steps in the old Library, were they preserved?
I anyone else watching or just me?!
rosie.

It will be easier to follow all together, I get a bit lost while I'm location spotting!
rosie.

I think many of the interior shots of the office are from inside Madin's Central Library. Very appropriate given the period. Think I also spotted Moor Street Station. It's also interesting to see how they've superimposed London landmarks like St. Paul's Cathedral on to the Birmingham landscape. Definitely a programme where you need to concentrate to follow the events. But I think it's a good programme. Viv.

I'm with you Rosie! I have to record and watch it twice: once to spot the locations and (at least) once to follow the convoluted plot

If there's a second series MI5 will have to find a new office if the Central (Madin) library has been demolished. Good series, shall now watch it all over again, to double check I've understood it all! Viv.

Last edited:
Back