• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Former Miller St Tram Shed is up for Sale

horsencart

master brummie
The former Miller St tram shed is now up for sale, the area covered is 1.75 acres, I would think that it does not include the foremer PW department as this is being used a the driver training school,

Before you put your bid in on the building there are one or two thing to know, the building is just over one hundred years old and not in the best of health it has a large crack in one of the walls, it has a large hole in the roof, there are trees? growing from the roof,

I suspect that who ever buys the building will knock it down and put up other buildings in its place, I may be wrong on this, if the building does go then it will be another bit of Birmingham transport history gone

this is the banner that is on the outside of the former tram shed
https://my.bus.photos.fotopic.net/p61295906.html

Just to let you know the last bus today left Miller St bus garage
the last two were M117XSR this was the penultimate bus to depart, and
M118XSR this was the very last bus to depart bus, both buses had to be
helped out of the former tram shed they were not towed but had an air line
from the towing wagon to the bus the followed the towing wagon, the shed is
now empty I did get some good shot of M117XSR as it left the shed but I was
a bit to late to get a decent shot of M118XSR pity it is thought that the
demolition chaps will soon go in to demolish the building another part of the Birmingham transport history soon to go

Robert

Back