• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Former Midland Red Bus Garage in Shrewsbury Possibly Being Demolished

horsencart

master brummie
A friend has told me the the former Midland Red Bus Garage in Diitherington Shrewsbury is being demolished does anyone know if this is true or not ? and if it is not true can I give my freind a good slap for telling porkies

The former Midland Red Bus Garage at Southgates St Leicester is to be demolished in early june that one I have been told is true

Yes it's coming down in 12-18 months.

Only a few left from the BMMO days after that, still with the company's successors:
Coalville (Ashby Rd)
Hereford (Friar St)
Leicester (Southgate St)
Nuneaton (Newtown Rd)
Rugby (Railway Terrace)
Tamworth (Aldgate)
Wellington (Charlton St)
Wigston (Station St)
Worcester (Padmore St)

Many of those are threatened with closure, sooner or later.

A friend has told me the the former Midland Red Bus Garage in Diitherington Shrewsbury is being demolished does anyone know if this is true or not ? and if it is not true can I give my freind a good slap for telling porkies

The former Midland Red Bus Garage at Southgates St Leicester is to be demolished in early june that one I have been told is true
Just found this. Yes, gone. Demolished in 2012. Still a blank canvas. All to do with the redevelopment of the Shrewsbury Flax MIll site, which is next door. Watch 'Smoke and Steel' on Yesterday/UKTVPlay, Series 1, Episode 6, to see what's going on at the Flax Mill.

Yes it's coming down in 12-18 months.

Only a few left from the BMMO days after that, still with the company's successors:
Coalville (Ashby Rd)
Hereford (Friar St)
Leicester (Southgate St)
Nuneaton (Newtown Rd)
Rugby (Railway Terrace)
Tamworth (Aldgate)
Wellington (Charlton St)
Wigston (Station St)
Worcester (Padmore St)

Many of those are threatened with closure, sooner or later.
Hereford & Wellington at least have now completely gone. Coalville garage closed and is now occupied by the Midland Roofing Co., retaining the 'Midland' stonework in the road facing wall. Leicester Southgate Street has been replaced with student accommodation, but retains the former Peacock Lane entrance (again with the 'Midland' stonework) as part of one of the walls (see photo). Wigston (Station St) is a National Express coach depot, leaving only Nuneaton, Rugby, Tamworth and Worcester. Left off my original list, Banbury (Canal Street) is still a Stagecoach bus garage,

Back