• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The former Lea Hall Bus Garage

horsencart

master brummie
I note that the for sale sign on the The former Lea Hall Bus Garage has gone, does this mean the following

The garage has now been sold to a new owner,
The sign has been nicked,
The garage will go back to being a garage (not likely),
The sign fell of the wall and the dustbin men took it away

anyone know?

Contract with estate agent expired??
No, don't know. Amazed whole garage hasn't been nicked!

Lea Hall Closure 24th July 2010.jpgCame past there last night it was all lit up.. I was told few weeks age they were storing Coventry bendy buses there.

xx1.jpeg1955.
This was in the newspaper the other day and it is said to be the opening of Lea Hall Bus Garage in 1955.

As far as I am aware, the garage is being used to store the reserve fleet, in other words the vehicles which are no longer fit for service, most are dismantled for their parts to keep some of the older fleet on the road, Also one of the reasons the garage has not yet been sold is that the land is contaminated how true that is I don't know, but I will make some enquires within the company to find out........

This was in the newspaper the other day and it is said to be the opening of Lea Hall Bus Garage in 1955.

Yes I've seen that one before with the same quote. Lea Hall opened on Sunday 17th April 1955, and by the looks of it all the garage staff were present for the opening.

Sadly the garage is now empty of any buses and a new for sale board has appeared on the building, I can only assume that the future of this Last BCT bus garage to be built will go a number of ways

1 The building will be sold to the factory next door,
2 The building will knocked down (to save on the rates),
3 The building will lose its roof like Tyburn road, and Highgate road (to save on the rates),
4 at sometime there will be a huge supermarket built there,
5 the building will remain empty for many years anda slow decline will follow,
6 Aston Manor will buy the building for a museum (not likey)

only time will tell

You can discount (6) completely - they couldn't afford to buy Witton, so a larger premises is out of the question. Demolition and replacement by a supermarket or housing is the most likely option.

Been told that the garage is now totally empty, the company was using it just to store anything they didn't need, from old lathes etc to different vehicles, buses, cars, ...., again it was rumoured that it may have reopened and that Bordesley was going to close, wishful thinking on behalf of former Lea Hall drivers/engineers I think....,

I didn't know until last week that Quinton and Lea Hall were a mirror image of each other, been to both many times but never noticed...

There are three buses (NXWM )in the yard

Been told that the garage is now totally empty, the company was using it just to store anything they didn't need, from old lathes etc to different vehicles, buses, cars, ...., again it was rumoured that it may have reopened and that Bordesley was going to close, wishful thinking on behalf of former Lea Hall drivers/engineers I think....,

I didn't know until last week that Quinton and Lea Hall were a mirror image of each other, been to both many times but never noticed...

Back