• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

the flowerpot

lansor

proper brummie kid
Does anyone remember The Flowerpot pub which i think was in either Balsall Heath or Highgate? It's before my time but my Grandad used to work there and i was wondering where it was located. Any info gratefully received. Cheers.

My dad worked there part time in the early 60s, (Colm White )over the road from where we lived (vincent crescent) in arter st

My dad worked there part time in the early 60s, (Colm White )over the road from where we lived (vincent crescent) in arter st

Hi Pete

I can't say that I remember your dad, but I was out and about in Balsall Heath in the 60's even having a drink in the Flower Pot occasionally , I remember your road well and had a mate that lived in the Maisonettes in Vincent Parade just around the corner at that time. This is a photo of Vincent Parade from around the time they started the demolitions thereabouts which I thought was in the early 70's.

Attachments

• Balsall Heath Vincent Crescent 1.jpg
    Balsall Heath Vincent Crescent 1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 37
Thanks Phill, Ive seen that photo it is from the early seventies but of vincent crescent not parade. we lived for 6 years at no 2 just this side of the picture and moved out to the brand new druids heath in 1966. this is the only picture ive seen of vincent crescent

Pete

That's right it is of Vincent Crescent, that's why I posted it because you mentioned you lived there. I said my mate lived around the corner in Vincent Parade. I remember that we used the outdoor at the top of the Crescent on a regular basis as it was the only shop open around there at night, after Wiseman's the newsagents closed.

Really pleased to find this thread. I searched for the Flower Pot rather than one word which will teach me to try other spellings!

My husband recently had a copy of a Moody Blues album as a present and it mentioned the Flower Pot so I presume there was a dance hall there and they had bands playing. This would have been in the 1960's. We couldn't place it so this has solved the mystery, thank you.

Back