• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

THE END OF WW1 WE SALUTE YOU ALL

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
please use this thread to remember family who gave their lives for this country including those who died in ww2..i will start by honouring

HARRY FROGGETT..KINGS ROYAL RIFLES...KILLED IN ACTION ON 6TH OF DECEMBER 1916 AT THE SOMME AGED JUST 20 YEARS OF AGE..HE HAD BEEN MARRIED FOR 10 MONTHS AND WAS FROM ASTON...HIS NAME IS ON THE ROLL OF HONOUR AT WINCHESTER CATHEDRAL AND ON THE MEMORIAL IN FRANCE...

poppy.jpg

Last edited:
Albert Perks (died 11 April 1917 aged 30) remembered on the Arras memorial in France and at St James Church Shirley.
Frederick Perks (died 25 April 1917 aged 20) remembered Lapugnoy Cemetery France and at St James Church Shirley.
1541435981202.png

Last edited:
Lyn - if you want to move this please do so but I added it anyway.
Also adding Albert Perks Stoker RN, nephew of the 2 above, born 1919 and died 8 August 1943 - he died of burns sustained when HMS Arrow was set on fire by the explosion of another ship in Algiers Harbour. Remembered El Alia Cemetery Algeria and St James Church Shirley.
1541436226671.png

Last edited:
jan thats fine...i meant to add and please remember those who died in ww2 so i have edited my first post

lyn

57334 Private Clive Williams, 1/8 Royal Warwickshire Regiment, died 20/11/18 of wounds. He rests at peace in Rouen.

11963 Pte William BUFFERY 1st Bn The Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry.
5 Edith Rd Smethwick.
Died of Wounds 29.4.1915 Age 24.
St Sever Cemetery, Rouen.

2035332 Spr Thomas PALLETT
225 Fd Coy ROYAL ENGINEERS
Killed in Action 24. 4. 1943. Age 24.
Mejez el Bab Cemetery Tunisia.

Last week I visited the grave of Private Clive Williams for the first time. While looking for his grave I actually remember seeing the name BUFFERY - I cannot promise it was William, but a small world.

Back