• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Societies: Druids Society Aston branch

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI GUYS ;
Going through my loft looking for paper work for info; for a forum member i came across a peice of paper cutting
and its a photo copy of the birth and deaths obiturri dated 1935
and it was to do with my great grand father george william jelf whom was listed as a resturanter
in tyburn rd erdinton [ corner of holly lane and tyburn rd ]
and in this section it stated ; the widow and family; wish to thank all relatives; friends; druids;
And work people of dunlop rubber co; for there kind sympathy and floral tributes in there bereavement
this was dated september -- 23 -09 -35 [ he died 15 09 35 ;
but what my question is ; ?. what was the druid society of aston branch birmingham and what did they do ;
and where about in aston did they operate from what was there fundementals roll
as i was told i was told that he was a grand master of this society along with his brothers and so was there fore fathers
before them ;
i am very eager to find out what they was all about and what did they stand for ;and where was they based
when i was a young kid growing up and i mean young ; i was told they wore bowler hats and that my father was a member
through my mothers father whom was georges son ;
i hope some one can throw light on this subject for me please or indicate as to where i can get more info ;
i got the impression they helped the por society of aston ;
is there any body whom can recall from dunlops or the society ;
many thanks guys for your attention inreadingmy request ; best wishes astonian ;

Back