• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Dolphin Acocks Green.

robert

master brummie
As this pub has been mentioned on the forum a few times, if any one is interested there is to be a reuion for old regulars. The date is Saturday Ist September at The Olton Royal British Legion Club Masons Way Olton Solihull.

Robert, here is a couple of postcards of the Dolphin 1900c on the Corner of Warwick Lane and Green Lane ( Dolphin Lane) the pub was demolished in 1930 and the "New" Dolphin was built a bit further back and one time mayoress of Birmingham Freda Cocks was a licensee in the 1970's
The pub was demolished in 1991 and a supermarket put on the site

The Dolphin Acocks Green

If it is of interest to anyone this is a photo taken of The Dolphin as it is today. Taken whilst passing this morning.

cheers,

pmc1947

Attachments

• Aldi Acocks Green.JPG
    Aldi Acocks Green.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Compare that building to what use to be there, no contest.:(

Attachments

• Acocks Green Dolphin (new)Warwick Rd Acocks Green.jpg
    Acocks Green Dolphin (new)Warwick Rd Acocks Green.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 10
the dolphin

hi all my dad john, grandad his name was alfred but everyone called him dusty, uncles and brother all drank in the dolphin my brother remembered freda cocks well

kmt

Way before my time but maybe some of you oldsters might remember?

Attachments

• Acocks Green the dolphin.JPG
    Acocks Green the dolphin.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 2
acocks green, anyone drink in here in the 50's, 60's? my dad was on the dart and dominoes team his name was john tustin

Last edited:
Back