• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Online Gutenberg Library: Curiosities of Dudley & the Black Country, From 1800 to 1860 by Clark

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
A new additional downloadable book from the Gutenburg Archive. Not Birmingham but very interesting at

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/47943

Published in 1881 it reads a bit like a scrapbook of information about the town. You can read online or download. They do not seem to do pdf downloads for their more recent books, but you can download (see google) an e-book reader , to read the e-book download, and this can be searched like a pdf.

mikejee, many thanks for the link, will download and have a good look at this intresing book. kind reguards sidwho

Just found this very interesting publication which I will use in my family history research in Dudley between 1838 - 1875.
I was especially interested in the references to the iron masters and iron manufacturing companies in and around Dudley during this period, thank you

Back