• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Links: The Culture Grid

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't come accross this before at https://www.culturegrid.org.uk/ . It is supposed to access information from museums and archives from throughout the uk. Looks very useful potentially. If you put in "Birmingham", then lots come up. this includes "Birmingham road, wolverhampton, and a picture of the market place from the early 1800s from the Bodlian library ,where you can access good pictures. However, for many of the actual items from birmingahm itself (presumably sourced from the library) I just get (for today at least):

Server Error in '/' Application.

There is no row at position 0.

etc

The site seems to be a searchable portal for museum sites. Many of the items have "copyright refused" against them , or do not show an image, but it could still be useful, when all of it works properly

A good site Mike. Worth persevering with, some will open up. But I've had quite a few with that message too. Looks like there's a lot of material on there. Viv.

Back