• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Crown_station Street

Barr_Beacon

The Prodigal Brummie
The photograph shows the pub was call The Crown Hotel then. I've no idea when the photograph was taken but I'd hazard a guess at Victorian or early 20th Century. I've seen a lot of photographs of The Crown but none with the bar staff / waiters standing outside.

25299101_10215998831866219_3080138122835391803_n.jpg

This pub looked very sad for itself when I walked past just before Christmas. Anyone know what's happening to it?

pen try the search box for this one...i think there could be a thread for it...memory not what it was but i think we have discussed whats going to happen with the crown....apartments i think but dont take my word for it:D great photo barr beacon thank you

lyn

Back