• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Cradley Refuge

denji

knowlegable brummie
Please, could anyone tell me what Cradley Refuge was...I have my grandfathers birth cert its states that he was born there thanks.

May be the Old Wesleyans' Refuge Chapel, Cradley. Seems to be known more under the term the Refuge, Cradley.

There also is a Court in Cradley known as the Refuge, have you a name and date, as it may give a clue from the census?

On the birth cert...22nd of June 1879, Harry, the father is Henry Williams mother Susannah Williams Residence the Refuge Cradley hope this helps thank you.

In the 1881 census Henry is 25 and Susannah 25 and could be living in Bertha Road? in Yardley, son Henry is 3 with a
brother Arthur 1 year old.

In 1871 Henry (father) is 15 and living in Bordesley.

Thank you Pedrocut for your search, the above is not matching my census .the family may have lived at the Refuge for a short time , then moved to Holiday street.

Back