• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Christmas Frieze

Oisin

gone but not forgotten
This sorta follows on from Erin's story.

THE CHRISTMAS FRIEZE​
When I was a little younger and at Foundry Road Junior and Infants our teacher thought it would be a great idea to make a Christmas Frieze as a decoration for the classroom. We were all allotted different bits of the Nativity story to do. I think I got one of the kings to paint. One can imagine the work involved in supervising 30+ little Winson Green scallies in doing something that they weren't particularly interested in, but this was the era of dedication in the teaching profession and our teacher gave it her best.

Being young, the true measurement of time was difficult for me to comprehend but it seemed the project went on for ever. Kids worked in groups to complete different sections that were to link up at the end. Miss supervised and advised all along the way.

When the project was completed, Miss surveyed it from the end to the beginning, starting with the section including the three kings, then the shepherds. I can still recall the proud look on her face as she studied them one by one. I can also remember her bursting into tears when she got to the final section depicting Mary and Joseph making their way to Bethlehem in what looked like a large black limousine.

'What's this?' she blurted out at the team responsible.

The bravest (or most naive) of them innocently explained, 'It's Mary and Joseph going to Bethlehem in a taxi.'

THE END

:angel: Ossie that's every bit as good as the little girl who when drawing a nativity picture added a little room with a closed door onto the stable.
When I asked what was in there she smiled and said "The bath, toilet and the foot spa, and mummy always says close the door".

Chris :angel:

We three Kings of Orient are
One in a TAXI one in a car
One on a Scooter Pipping his hooter
Going to Perry Barr

;D

Very funny..........

It reminds me of the scene in the film 'Love Actually'...........where the children come home and tell their mom what they are in the school nativity play........there are obviously a lot of children compared to parts available, and when asked what their roles are, they reply proudly.................'lobsters!'

Mom asks ' There were lobsters at the birth of Christ?!!!!...............The little girl rolls her eyes in disbelief at her moms lack of knowledge and says..........'yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ::)'

Back