• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

the cedar club

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
ive been looking for ages for a pic of the cedar club consitution hill....

just found this one....used it a few times in me youth:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lyn

They knocked it down years ago but the plot is still empty except for the jungle of plants and some steel girders!

Does anyone know why? Where they hoping to re develop the space?

ive been looking for ages for a pic of the cedar club consitution hill....

just found this one....used it a few times in me youth:rolleyes::rolleyes:

lyn
It's a nice photo Lyn I saw it in last Saturdays Mail I enjoyed the piece Carl wrote about the feuding Colmores and Smallbrooks!

I went to the Cedar Club a few times.:rolleyes: If I remember right it was open later than the other clubs on a Sunday because of where it was.:)

Who remembers the private hire firm situated on the left hand side of the wide alley by the side of the Club Cedar? It was the original RED LINE and was owned by Cliff Moody.

who remembers the bull dog family who lived in the acocks green area
is any of them still alive today decent family
best wishes astonian ;;

Who remembers the private hire firm situated on the left hand side of the wide alley by the side of the Club Cedar? It was the original RED LINE and was owned by Cliff Moody.

Stitcher I remember Red Line Taxis by the Cedar although I didn't use them much as they were so expencive I think........or maybe I was not very well off.:D

I remember it well, I played in a resident quartet there called "Things to come" in 1970. We played at Don Fewtrell's Daughters wedding with the coventry band Jigsaw.

George

As you come out of town was it on the left,bordering onto the train line,a few doors before the White Horse Cellars?
I do remember it,but can't place the position.

Wendy, sorry to have missed your reply. It's a pity you did'nt use Red Line because you would have seen me when I was looking good and trim. Those were the days before my wife got me and ruined my looks and shape with too much good food. Haa Haa.

Here is a photo of some of my old mates taken around 1967/66.

Notice the cedar panels at the back. Exciting Hey?

thans ethen..i will take a look at the link....its strange really as i think i only went to the cedar a couple of times even though i lived within a few mins walk from it...used the clubs up the town mostly...

lyn:)

hi ethen...just had a look at that list of venues and although my memory is not what it use to be:rolleyes: and i could be way off the mark but the name daddy longlegs came to mind...somewhere i seem to think that thats what they renamed the cedar club... or was that the name of a band....maybe you or someone else can put me straight on that...

:D:D:D:D patty....if it was what will our members think of me recalling a strip club...i honestly dont know if it was...its just a name that came to me....hope someone can solve the mystery....

I remember The Cedar club was where everyone went on a Sunday because the clubs in town closed at 12.00. The Cedar was out of the city and stayed open later. I remember seeing Billy Fury there as well as a lot of the names mentioned. My friend dated Carl Wayne for a while and I remember going there with them.......I was the gooseberry!:D

morning wend...cant for the life of me remember where ive got the name daddy longs from... i did think they renamed the cedar club that but patty seems to think it was a strip club...oooh errr:rolleyes:

lyn

Blimey Patty I must have led a sheltered life in my youth as I can't remember that place for the life of me. Jean.

Jean most of us knew it as the Dolls Club. Not a place we would have gone!:D:D

phew..thanks goodness for that...if it was at camp hill flyover i would not have gone there....must just be the name i recalled...(i think):D

lyn

Oh Wendy now I know. We were in the Button Oak a few weeks back and the gents were talking in detail about what they went there for.lollol Ooops. :shock::shock:. Jean.

Looking at Bill Summers photo reminded me how old I am. I can remember when I looked liked the girls in the picture. Cilla Black hair style, lovely and black too, and nice and slim. I'm a little fat white haired old lady now. Where's the girl who used to frequent the Cedar Club gone? Good job the other halfs grown old with me.
Lynda:)

The Cedar club was probably was the one i never used,do you remember the Oxford club in Moseley it was run by the sister of Don Partrige you remember the song '' Rosie'' the last time i saw Don was in Brixam where he now resides ad still plays his one man band

Mossy

Back