• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Castle pub by central fire station

stevancleef

Brummie babby
Hi, I am posting this on behalf of fellow history member on facebook, would appreciate any help. details as follows, thanks
There used to be a road where the big roundabout is now in front of the old fire station. I can see Corporation Street and then it stops and the other side of the roundabout is the A38M. My friend's family ran a pub in this location but the pub and all other buildings were all bulldozed for the construction of the flyover and roundabout. This was about 1970. I would know the name of the pub if I saw it! Can anyone shed any light on this area??

The only one I can find is Warwick Castle Public House but that was in Aston Street near to the now defunct Duke St

Hi, I am posting this on behalf of fellow history member on facebook, would appreciate any help. details as follows, thanks
There used to be a road where the big roundabout is now in front of the old fire station. I can see Corporation Street and then it stops and the other side of the roundabout is the A38M. My friend's family ran a pub in this location but the pub and all other buildings were all bulldozed for the construction of the flyover and roundabout. This was about 1970. I would know the name of the pub if I saw it! Can anyone shed any light on this area??

It could have been the Ansells house The Castle on Lancaster Place near the junction of Steelhouse Lane & Loveday Street. It's on the right of this photo.

Attachments

• City Lancaster Place (3).jpg
    City Lancaster Place (3).jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 78
Hi Stevancleef

I thought of the Brunswick and discounted it because it was more to the side of the roundabout than in front of it.

Attachments

• City Lancaster St Brunswick.jpg
    City Lancaster St Brunswick.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 54
Back