• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Castle, Bright Street

N

Nephrititi

Hi Everyone

I see that there were no replies to this topic posted by June in 2003, but now, almost 3 years later, i wonder if anyone has come accross any information on this pub or the landlords Stan and Gwen Evans or their family, as i believe they may have information on relatives of a close family member of mine.

Hope someone can come up with something.

Fay

There is a Castle Inn listed in the 1964 Kell's Directory, its at 2, Bright St, which was off Church Rd.

Cheers Postie, that's the pub i am looking for.

How can i find out any further information about the landlord of the pub?

Fay

Fay
Check out the Electrol Rolls and you will see who lived their and when they left etc.

Thank you Cromwell. How do i access the electoral rolls. Can it be done via the internet and if so can you let me know the web site.

Many thanks

Fay

Fay
Dont know were you are, but the Electroll Rolls are Birmingham Central Library if you cannot get there I bet some one will do it for you, if not I will but I will be sometime next week

Cromwell I live in Birmingham but work full time and don't get home until 8.30pm each evening. So a trip into Birmingham would have to be over a weekend (don't know if the records office is open then) or if i take any holiday.

I will send you a personal message explaining the need to find out any information about the landlords of the Castle - Gwen and Stan Evans and their family.

Many thanks

Fay

Cromwell

Have sent you a message, many thanks for the help.

Fay

Cromwell I live in Birmingham but work full time and don't get home until 8.30pm each evening. So a trip into Birmingham would have to be over a weekend (don't know if the records office is open then) or if i take any holiday.

I will send you a personal message explaining the need to find out any information about the landlords of the Castle - Gwen and Stan Evans and their family.

Many thanks

Fay
Faye, are you still looking for information regarding Stan and Gwen Evans... I may have some information to help you. June

Faye, I posted the original post on here. Are you still looking for information regarding Stan and Gwen Evans... I may have some information to help you. June

June

If you look at Nephrititi' avatar you will see that underneath she is classified as a guest, this means she is no longer a member of the forum, mind you that's not to say she doesn't look in on occasion, but she is unable to post.

Hi Everyone

I see that there were no replies to this topic posted by June in 2003, but now, almost 3 years later, i wonder if anyone has come accross any information on this pub or the landlords Stan and Gwen Evans or their family, as i believe they may have information on relatives of a close family member of mine.

Hope someone can come up with something.

Fay
Hi Fay,
I have information on Stan and Gwen Evans
June

Last edited:
Hi June47

Thank you for post on the forum. We strongly advise members not to post their personal email addresses on the thread. Your email address and data could be harvested and used for scams, fraud, and identity theft. If you wish other members to contact you, then its best if you advise them to use the “Start Conversation” facility we provide. This then protects you and your privacy.

Back