• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Bull pub

cookie273uk

master brummie
Maggieuk_The_Bull.JPG
normal_The_Bull_B_ham_Aug_2009_001.JPG
The Bull, Price St B'ham; a memento of my enjoyable visit with Forum members on 15th ugust 2009

Last edited:
The only memory I have of the Bull is from long before it was a fashionable pub. In the 70's we had the job to clear the little house that is attached to the pub in Price St as the last tenant had died after spending most of their life living there.

As Price St is so narrow we had to get special permission from the police as well as the usual skip permit. I met the local officer from Steelhouse Lane in charge of these matters on site I can remember his name because I had many dealings with him over the years it was a PC Deltafield.

This house was one of the smallest houses I have ever seen in my life. We went inside and the PC was enamored with it. He said he was single and as he only worked over the road so it would be ideal. I pointed out that he had got to stoop down when he was inside because he was so tall but that didn't seem to matter. I gave him the details of the owner and the agents but I never found out how he got on and the topic never came up again in the ensuing years. I do note that it is part of the pub now though.

Phil

Nice painting Eric,shows a lot of effort put in for us to share,thanks.

Phil,interesting about that house next to the Bull,was it the one attatched to the pub,or the even smaller one at the end?

j8s9mqeyaaozv5ll2rj.jpg

wessex

It was the one at the end, and you wouldn't believe how small it was inside.

Phil

I don't remember the bay window last time I was there it must be a new addition. I'm sure it was an ordinary flat sashcord window. We went in the pub (The Bull) at lunchtime and had a sandwich and a pint. I remember it was just an ordinary spit and sawdust place then.

Phil

The bay window,doubled the size of the house lol.

I used it in late 80s,tidy,but nothing special.The last time I used it was 1989,Allan Evans of the villa popped in on his testimonial rounds.
By and large it was a quiet pub,its position has been helped no end by the growth of 'city living'.

Last edited:
Back