• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Bull, Price Street Table

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks..just before christmas rose the landlady of the bull pub in price st very kindly gave me an unwanted cast iron pub table...to say i was delighted is an understatement..it was in need of some TLC after being left outside for a few years so i have done my best..its now safely stored in a dry place and i will be bringing it into the garden when the weather picks up...if you do read this rose once again thank you so much..i am made up..here are a few pics taken before i started on it and then the finished product...nearly forgot to say its made by james yates of birmingham..

pubtable003.jpg

table005.jpg

table004.jpg

table001.jpg

thanks topsy..just couldnt let a good piece of brum history go to waste...cant wait to give it a trial run lol.

That looks lovely Lyn - well done for making it look so good. I am sure it will get a lot of use once the good weather is here.

Looks great Lyn, but you realise everyone will exoect you to produce it at the next meet....................................complete with the finishing touches of course lol
Its good that a piece of history is still around, bet it could tell a few stories!
Sue

Beautiful Lyn. I bet it weighs a ton. You've got a lovely shine on that top, amazed that you've been able to get it looking so good after being outside for a long time. Viv.

Grand job Lyn. We were given a cast iron one from the Harbor last year with the lions heads on. I painted it but it is no where near as good as your's. Keep it at the van. Jean.

thats unusual with lions heads on jean how nice...

viv i cant get over how heavy it is..takes two to lift it and then its a struggle..

sue depending on how long its been in the bull there is a very chance me gt gt grandad has slide under it a few times as he lived in loveday st lol....

Looks great Lyn - well done and Linda is ever so slightly jealous;)

It may be older than you think (or not) in the 1888 directory there is a
Yates James, pewter & plumbers, brass founder, manufacturer of every description of beer pulls & machines, bar fittings, measures &c 39 @ 40 Coleshill St,

yes thanks horsencart...i believe that james yates was taken over by gaskill and chambers

lyn

Back