• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Boys Brigade

Hello Roger. No, I did not play football for the BB or go to camp with them, but did enjoy everything else, especially the Sunday morning band marches to St. Cyprians Church. Kenny Mole was the lead bugler who always won the honour of playing the 'Silver Bugle'. Johnny Mole and his younger brother David, due to their younger ages were not really in my daily friends group living in George Road and Hay Road which consisted of the Lyndens, Dumbletons, Silcocks, Spencers and also Barry Smith at 27 George Road. I left Birmingham in 1975 and moved to just outside Pershore and in 1978 moved to Bognor Regis. Since then with my profession I have lived in numerous places along the south coast and I'm now just outside Portsmouth. Do you still live in Birmingham?
Hi Keith I lived in Acocks green then on to Hall Green but left B'Ham 25years ago to a small village near Atherstone. The only name I reconise of the 5 names you mentioned is the Dumbletons Keith was in the same year as me but he went to Oldknow road school so we lost touch. I move away from Haymills in 1957.

Hello Roger. On the 'Birmingham Schools Football History / & Photos' forum. I uploaded the Redhill Road School 1953-1954 team photo and Keith Dumbleton is on the extreme right on the seated front row. Kenny Mole is also on the photo, extreme right on the back row.

Hi I played in that team once I was a load of rubbish never got picked again till the next season when I played all the games. I remember a few in the photo but except for Keith Dumbleton they were one year above me.

i was a lifeboy at nechells hall.in the 50s:grinning:
1650011698210.png
This 1967 photograph shows Lifeboys, which was the junior division of the Boys Brigade. They wore nautical caps with navy blue pullovers. They could wear either long or short pants with their pullovers.

1650011960569.png

Back