• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Boss

I'm intrigued by his name Beaker? I don't suppose you got that from a very old childrens puppet show called Supercar?

Ah No - Beaker was a bird in "Sesame Street" with spikey hair. When our eldest son started work, his colleagues nicknamed him Beaker in view of the hair style similarity.
When we acquired our Beaker, our son had just left home so we asked him to name the bird ......and so Beaker he became.

next best phrase...."Yow awl roight, I'm awl roight. yow awl roight, I'm awl roight....yehhhhh"

I adore African Greys.

My hubbys grandma had one, and I knew of another lady who had one...............soooooooooooooo clever.

I can hardly believe the sounds that they produce..........dropping bombs!.......the telephone........and the one that really struck me was when I wrung out a flannel of water into a bowl...........within three visits the bird had emulated the sound to a tee!

There you go bestcover, must be my age... I'm always connecting things with my past that arnt what they first seem.

So many birds are intelligent.... Parrots are a fine example. Able to learn all kinds of noises and tricks, and get up to mischief too!!

Our vets have an African Grey in the surgery, called Peewee and when Hillie was a tiny little pup she would sit under his cage totally mesmerised by him. His bark is his party trick, and he does a pretty mean telephone. :)

;D
Beakers repertoire includes a distinctive ring tone to our phone at exactly the right tone and pitch followed by........'"allo......awl right,mate?" and then makes the sound of the phone hanging up which has a distinctive beep-beep.

He also manages....."up the blues", "Hello Mum" (Wife is a southerner and not a Mom!), "Your fired", "night night", "where's Tony?", "put the radio on Beaker and Pump it upp",

Trouble is he sounds like me - in fact he sounds more like me than I do!

Take care
Tony

I have copied and pasted that picture to the RSPCA Postie................I think you are more than entitled to an au pair, but to use your beloved pet to do the washing is abuse

PS - can we have the pic for the next caption competition?

Postie does he do the shopping too,if so pleezz send him over to my house,i hate shopping O0 :D

Sorry Angie, he don't do shopping, he sez it's below him cuz he's a pedigree, chum. :2funny:

He's lovely, are you sure he's real, it looks like you just placed him there for the photo, so cute and photogenic :) :)

Postied is he a 'Highland terrier' or is 'Boss'it a 'she'?- A little dog who would run circles around my feet -So cute -

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought for one moment I could love another male, but once this fella looked at you with those beautiful big
eyes you are lost! They look deep into your soul, it a well known fact that you dont own Siamese cats, they own you, I still miss my dear departed friend Toby, Bernard

Back